EB 2-A Visa

EB 2-A Visa: Professionals with Advanced Degrees or Equivalent


Applicants in this category must have acquired an ‘advanced’ degree such as a master’s degree or have equivalent qualifications such as a baccalaureate degree. In addition, they should be professionals with substantial experience in their field. In the absence of an advanced degree, however, a minimum of 5 years’ experience is required in their field of work.

What is The Biggest Benefit of EB 2-A Visa?

The EB 2-A visa allows an alien applicant to work for a longer time in the USA as long as he/she is employed with the US employer.

Who Qualifies?

Non-USA citizens with a confirmed US job offer along with the basic prerequisite of advanced degree and work experience are qualified for EB 2-A visa

How Do You Prove Your Qualification?

By providing the following proof/documents:

  • A document proof of an advanced degree, such as a master’s or PhD OR;
  • A document proof of a baccalaureate degree and at least 5 years of experience in your field;
  • Offer letter from a US employer of a job that requires an advanced degree or equivalent (baccalaureate degree and at least 5 years of experience in your field).

Who Files EB 2-A Visa?

The applicant’s US employer must file an Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, Form I-140, on behalf of the applicant. It is an employment-based, second preference visa that must be accompanied by an approved individual labor certification from the Department of Labor on Form ETA-750.