EB 3-A Visa

Skilled Workers


Workers who hold a full-time job that is not seasonal or temporary in nature and such a job requires them to have at least two years in their given profession or training for the profession. But not every kind of skilled worker comes in this category but only those who are involved in work for which there’s a dearth of skilled workers in the United States.

Who Qualifies?

Foreign nationals or Non-USA citizens who

  • Are able to demonstrate at least 2 years of job experience or training
  • Are engaged in such work for which qualified or skilled workers are not available in the United States.


What’s The Benefit of EB 3-A Visa?

  • Skilled workers get an opportunity to work in the USA and eventually get eligible for getting a green card.
  • Their spouse also becomes eligible for Employment Authorization Document to work in the USA after acquiring E34 visa.
  • Their minor children (under the age of 21) may be admitted as E35.


Job Offer and Labor Certification

Such candidates need the Labor Certification and a permanent full-time job offer. This needs to be approved and individual labor certification from the Department of Labor on Form ETA-9089. More information for employers on Labor Certification is here.

Who files for EB 3-A visa?

Your employer is your petitioner for EB 3-A visa. He or she must file Form I-140 – Petition for Alien Worker. Your employer will need to show evidence of his/her capability of paying you the offered wage. The employer can produce federal income tax return, annual report or audited financial statement for demonstrating this ability, according to the  United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.