Visitor Visa UK

Residents of any country in the world intending to visit, reside either temporarily or on a permanent basis in the UK, require an authorization or permit document issued by the government of the country, which is called the UK visa. This authorization is issued either in the form of a stamp on the passport or as a document granted by the country’s consulate or embassy in the visitor’s country of residence.
Any entry into the country is possible only when one meets the requirements imperative for the specific visa that was applied for, which could include any one of the following reasons:

  • Tourist visits and holidays
  • Stop over during transit to another country
  • Business or employment prospects
  • Education opportunities
  • Opportunities to live with families
  • Permanent immigration to the UK
All UK visas require valid evidence of fluency and knowledge of the English language This can be proved primarily if you have an academic qualification or conversely, by taking a test on the English language. However, this does not apply to an application as a child or as an adult coming to be medically supported by a relative who is already residing in the UK with a valid visa.

A degree or academic qualification that was taught or researched in English is considered an adequate educational qualification for your knowledge and fluency of the English language. Additionally, if your academic degree is attested and sanctioned by the UK NARIC (the National Agency responsible for providing information and opinion on academic, vocational and professional qualifications from across the world) it is considered adequate proof.

Your knowledge of the English language may also be attested if you pass an approved English language test with at least a CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening by using the list of approved secure English language tests and test centres that meet the UK government’s requirements.

No evidence of your knowledge and ease of expression with the English language will be required if you’re over 65, currently have a medical condition that makes it difficult to prove it or are a national of Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago and the USA